Friday, November 24, 2023

Chuck Essegian, Ralph Garr and Some More Purchases

I've been purchasing more signed cards than I've been getting back in the mail lately.

Chuck Essegian is a very generous signer.  He has several cards from the late 50's and early 60's and I've got several examples of all of them.  He almost always signs in ballpoint, which isn't a bad look on these vintage cards, but can be hard to see sometimes.  He signed his 1958 through 1961 Topps for me in about two and a half weeks. 




Ralph Garr signed the 1972 N.L. Batting Leaders card as well as his 1973, 1975 and 1978 Topps for my sets. The upper left corner got pretty dinged up on the 72.  I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often.




I bought a bunch of cards from an SCN member, including a 1971 White Sox Rookie Stars card.  I got this card signed ttm but the Lolich signature smeared a bit, so this is a nice upgrade.

I also bought a 1978 Topps Butch Hobson.  It's not impossible to get him ttm but it's been tough lately, so I bought this in case I never get the chance otherwise.

And I bought a bunch of 58's and 59's.  I just can't resist them when they are only $3 or $4 apiece.  It's cheaper than buying the cards and mailing them out myself.  I have all of these already, except for the 59 Secrest and Chrisley.







No comments: