Saturday, May 21, 2022

Ken Holtzman, Denny McLain and Bobby Richardson

Today I received two ttm returns and one private signing return.

I had sent a couple cards to this Denny McLain signing way back in January because the signing was supposed to be in early February.  The signing got delayed until late April, so I just got them back today.

I really don't know why I sent a 72 Topps because I already had one signed.  But I also sent in a 1968 Topps Deckle Edge, which is kind of a cool card.


Ken Holtzman signed his 1973 Topps for me in a little over two months.  Mr. Holtzman is very reliable.  He'll sign one card per request, usually takes about two months, and signs in ballpoint.  I have several cards I'd like him to sign, so I'll continue my pattern of sending a card once every few months.  I've previously sent a 1971 Topps and a 1978 Topps.  Next, I'll send a 1972 Topps.

Finally, Bobby Richardson signed a 1958 Topps for me and included his jersey number and 1960 World Series MVP inscriptions without me having to ask.  He frequently adds these inscriptions.  I don't know if he requires a fee, but I always send $5 per card, as is common according to the history on SCN.

I already had him on a 1958 Topps, which I sent back in 2003 when I started working on the set.  I noticed my first card was a bit off-center, which bothers me more and more each year, so I decided to upgrade this card a bit.

Winning the 1960 World Series MVP award must have been bittersweet for him, considering the Yankees lost the World Series to the Pirates, but it's still an impressive accomplishment.  He had 12 RBI in the series, beating out Mickey Mantle by one.

No comments: