Saturday, February 27, 2021

Mitch Garver, Jim Shellenback and an Ebay Purchase - Mickey Stanley

I had two returns waiting in the mailbox today, as well as an Ebay purchase.

I didn't expect Mitch Garver to send this card back until about this time next year, as this is the routine I have gotten into with him over the last two years.  He must have snuck in signing this right before he took off for spring training.


I have sent 3 or 4 other 2020 Topps Heritage cards to current and former Twins players to their spring training addresses.  I have low expectations for getting them back.

I also received a return from Jim Shellenback, who signed his 1969, 1970 and a couple 1971 Topps.  I had enclosed the extra card for him to keep, but he signed and returned it.





Finally, I received a signed 1971 Topps Mickey Stanley card that I bought on Ebay.  Mr. Stanley is a good signer ttm, but I was came across this card cheaper than unsigned cards when I was trying to find one on Ebay.


I also received a few Joe Pepitone cards that I bought on Ebay that I will be sending in to a private signing next month, including his 1963, 1971 and a couple 1972 Topps.  I'll probably also include his 2000 Fleer Greats of the Game card as well.


No comments: