Friday, September 07, 2012

Seven Returns Today!

The only problem with sending out a bunch of requests at once is that they all all come back at once.  Today I received seven returns.  An odd thing about these returns is that two of them signed in green! I also received a few very nice notes written from the players.

Foster Castleman signed the 1956 and 1957 Topps I sent along with $10.  He also gave me a signed 1958 Topps, a signed index card, and he wrote me a letter as well.  Very nice!


 

Gail Harris signed his 1959 and 1960 Topps in green.  He also included a signed stat sheet.  Another odd thing about this request was Mr. Harris also sent me, in a separate envelope, a short not eon my letter and another signed stat sheet.  Maybe he sealed my sase before he remembered to put the note in it?




Mike Baxes signed his 1958 and 1959 Topps.


Hector Lopez signed his 1959 and 1963 Topps.



Phil Nevin signed his 2007 Topps Heritage in green ink.


Herb Plews signed his 1957 and 1959 Topps and wrote a short note to me.


Finally, Sam Mele signed his 1952 Topps, 1952 Bowman, and 1964 Topps.



Tomorrow my older son and I are going to Brooklyn Park to get autographs from Josh Willingham and Drew Butera.  I'm still debating what to have him sign.  Maybe a 2012 Allen & Ginter?

No comments: