Sunday, March 25, 2012

2012 Topps Heritage Pack Pulls

I've mostly given up trying to buy new cards by the pack.  I'll buy the individual cards I want instead, which usually includes just the Twins team sets I want to get signed.

For some reason I decided to buy a box of 2012 Topps Heritage at Target today.  I mostly just wanted to see what they looked like.

I pulled a few Twins, including Jamey Carroll, Scott Baker, Ryan Doumit and a Rookie Stars card that includes Chris Parmelee and Pedro Florimon Jr. (who?).

I also pulled a Real Ones Autograph of Chuck Essegian.  I've gotten Mr. Essegian through the mail a few times.  This card is selling for about $20 - $25 on Ebay, which is about what the box of cards cost. 


I also pulled a Clubhouse Collection game used jersey card of Tim Hudson.  This is maybe a $3 card.


So I got lucky, and pulled a couple cards that made the box worth what I paid for it. which is better than I usually do.

The only other time we've done okay was when my younger son had his 8th birthday party and gave each kid at the party a pack of 2007 Topps Heritage as part of their party favor bags.  My older son got a pack from the party and pulled a Luis Aparicio signed card.


I managed to find enough cards to prepare eight requests that will go out in tomorrow's mail.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you happen to pull any Pirates? I still need a bunch for my team set and would be willing to trade Twins for Bucs?

Droidtrader said...

The only Pirates card I pulled in that box was Clint Hurdle (#393).