Monday, December 05, 2011

Garver, Foster, Perry and Waslewski

I sent out another 12 requests today, containing a lot of the cards I bought at the TCSCC show on Saturday.  This brings me to 242 requests sent so far this year.  Only eight more to go to reach my goal of 250.

Today I received some nice returns.  Ned Garver signed a 1955 Sport Magazine, and also included a few other signed items including a postcard promoting his book, a 1991 Topps Archives (pictured) and a page with a drawing and some highlights of his career.




Alan Foster signed his 1971 and 1972 Topps for me.


Gaylord Perry signed his 1972 Topps (for his $15 fee).


And Gary Waslewski signed his 1972 Topps for $5.  He wrote a nice note answering my question regarding his career after his playing days and what he does with the fee he charges.


I'm going to start gearing up for TwinsFest and get all my cards together.  Time to clear out the Nathan and Young cards.  We'll see about Cuddyer and Kubel.  And I'll need to find some Jamey Carroll and Ryan Doumit cards.

No comments: