Monday, August 30, 2010

Bob Friend, Gail Harris, John Miles and Curt Raydon TTM Returns

A few nice returns waiting for me in my mail box today.

Bob Friend signed his 1959 and 1960 Topps for me.



Gail Harris signed his 1960 Topps.  Harris played for the Minneapolis Millers back in the fifties so I asked him if he had any particular memories about his time playing here.  He replied that he liked the fishing but did not care for the mosquitoes.



John "Mule" Miles signed his 2007 Allen & Ginter and wrote me a nice letter about being an Air Force mechanic after his playing days.



Finally, Curt Raydon signed his 1959 Topps in ballpoint.  The signature is difficult to see.



I won a couple of eBay auctions for 1972 Topps lots.  One lot had 165 cards, and the other has 312 cards.  Hopefully there's not too much duplication between the two lots.  Regardless, these should give me a good start on the set.

No comments: