Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Hankyu Braves


Today I got my first autograph from the Hankyu Braves. Without even trying! I got a return from Daryl Spencer who signed my 1959 and 1960 Topps. In my letter, I mentioned his career playing in Japan. He sent me a cool card, published by Baseball Magazine, of him with the Hankyu Braves. He also included a couple of photocopied sheets with his career highlights on them. Cool stuff.

I have an overflowing scrapbook of items that players sent me in addition to what I sent them to sign. Some included business cards, handwritten letters, additional pictures or newspaper clippings. I need to organize it better.

The Twins had an exciting win last night, but look like they're struggling tonight against the Mariners. Morneau and Span hit homers, but we're still losing 4 to 5 in the 5th.

No comments: