Thursday, April 09, 2009

Big Day For Returns

I received six returns today. Thursday is keeping up its reputation as a great day for returns.

The highlight of the day is the 1956 Sports Illustrated signed by Whitey Ford, in an amazing five days! I included $25 with my request.

I got a total of eight signed cards back today.

Roy Sievers signed a 1960 and 1962 Topps.

Tom Satriano signed his 1965 Topps.

Ray Crone signed his 1955 and 1958 Topps. I already have a signed 1958 Topps from him, but this one is definitely an upgrade.

Grady Hatton signed his 1955 Topps.

Johnny Kucks signed his 1960 and 1962 Topps.


The Twins pulled out a win last night, but then lost the series finale this afternoon. Glen Perkins started out by giving up a run in the first, but then held the Mariners scoreless for another 7 innings. Unfortunately, the Twins couldn't score and got shut out, 2-0.

I'd say Perkins' performance was the bright spot, since the other starters' ERAs are greater than 5, and Slowey's is 7.5!

The Twins go to Chicago tomorrow. R.A. Dickey is starting for the Twins. Who?

No comments: