Saturday, April 23, 2022

Toby Harrah and Charlie Spikes TTM Returns

 I received two returns today to close out the week.

Toby Harrah signed his 1975, 1983, 1985 and 1987 Topps nicely in blue sharpie.




And Charlie Spikes was kind enough to sign his 1974, 1975, and 1977 Topps as well as the 1976 Indians team card.  Again, a nice blue sharpie return.




Lately I've been asking a few questions in my letters.  Partly to mix things up from any previous letters I may have sent to these players, but also to see if they read them, and to get their answers.

Lately, I've been asking players if they had any favorite ballparks to play in, and if there were any parks they didn't like to play in.

Many players respond that they were just happy to be there and enjoyed all the parks.  When they do pick a favorite, it's almost always Fenway.  I assume because of the history, as one player noted, but many don't specify why.

I've only had a few players note a park they didn't care for, and it's only been pitchers who didn't care to pitch in Candlestick Park. 

No comments: