Thursday, June 18, 2020

Four Returns Again Today

I've been sending out quite a few requests, so I've been getting some days with multiple returns.  When I first started this hobby, I sent out over 500 requests in the first six months.  I received multiple requests almost every day.  When I wold pick up the mail while driving my sons home from school, we would all guess how many autographs would be waiting for me that day.

I'm not sending out nearly that many, but enough to have multiple requests waiting for me once in a while.  Today I received four:

Jack Brohamer signed his 1976 - 1980 Topps.






Rick Cerone signed his 1978 Topps.


Chris Knapp signed his 1977-1980 Topps.





And Charlie Spikes signed his 1976, 1978 and 1980 Topps.  What a great name for a baseball player!




1 comment:

Troublewiththecurve.net said...

I've always loved that Rick Cerone. Nice return with that one. Jack Brohamer was the first and only player to hit a home run while wearing uniform shorts. He did that back in in August of 1976 when new owner Bill Veek thought uniforms with SHORTS would be a cool idea. The idea was actually such a disaster that the players ditched the shorts after the first game of the doubleheader and hit the field for the second game with their pants.