Friday, April 03, 2020

Update on Q1 Goals for 2020

As the first quarter of the year is complete, here is an update on how I'm doing versus my goals for the year:


  • Send out 200 requests. -  I've sent out 78 requests, so I'm well on my way to meeting this goal.  
  • Add 50 signed cards to my 1971 Topps set. - I've added 37 so far, so this one should be complete by mid year or so assuming I decide to start sending out again shortly.
  • Add 20 cards to my 1972 Topps set. - I've added 9 so far, so this one is going well also.
  • Add five signed balls to my collection. - I've added 2, so this one is still achievable.
  • Add five signed magazines to my collection. - I haven't added any yet.  I sent one out to a private signing, but that's been postponed.  I still have plenty of time to get this one done.
  • Add two signed bobbleheads to my collection.  - I haven't added any, and am pretty reliant on some private signings to get scheduled for the small number of bobbleheads I need yo get signed.  I'm not sure if this one will get done or not.

Today I received an RTS from Ken Rudolph.  I corrected the address (I think) and sent it out again.  Other than that, I haven't sent out any requests in over three weeks and am still trying to decide when to start again.  I am hoping to get started again by the end of April, but we'll see.

I think the highlight of the quarter was my return from Bobby Shantz.  I sent him a Gold Glove ball, and he not only signed that, but also included a signed photo of him with a Gold Glove award.  You can see that return here.

2 comments:

zman40 said...

Did you quit sending out because of the COVID-19 or were just between batches?

I haven't sent anything out since the beginning of the year and, with no games, am ready to start getting something

Droidtrader said...

@zman40 Yes, I quit due to COVID-19 fearing that people wouldn't respond. But tat doesn't seem to be the case, so I've recently started sending a few back out again.