Thursday, February 13, 2020

John Ryan Murphy (After Three Years) and Denny Doyle

I was very surprised today to get a return from John Ryan Murphy.  I sent this request to him exactly three years ago today, in 2017, to the Twins' Spring Training complex.

He has since played for the Diamondbacks and now the Braves.  The envelope was postmarked from St. Petersburg, FL, which appears to be closer to his home address in Florida then the Braves Spring Training complex in West Villages. Perhaps he's been holding some requests around the last few years and just got around to signing them.  Anyway, I'm happy to get back his 2014 and 2015 Topps Heritage cards.



I also received a return from Denny Doyle, who signed his 1972, 1973 and 1978 Topps cards.  He didn't return the 1971 Topps I had also included.




1 comment:

Collecting Cutch said...

3 year return? Wow! Congrats on finally getting it. Looks like he has a nice signature