Wednesday, January 01, 2020

2020 Collecting Goals

I didn't have any goals set for 2019, but still managed to send out quite a few requests.

I seem to do better when I set goals and check my performance against them at least quarterly.

For 2020, my goals include:

- Send out 200 requests.  I haven't sent out 200 requests since 2014, when I sent out exactly 200 to meet my goal for that year.

- Add 50 signed cards to my 1978 Topps set.  I have all of the cards, so this should be very easy.  I keep meaning to make progress on this set, but usually drift back to sending out cards from older sets.  Hopefully having a goal set for this year will help me make some progress.

- Add 50 signed cards to my 1971 Topps set.  This will be tougher than the 1978 set goal, but still very realistic.

- Add 20 cards to my 1972 Topps set.  This will be a bit tough I think, especially without spending a lot of money, which I'm trying to avoid.

- Add five signed balls to my collection.  I have some Gold Glove balls, some Metrodome last season balls, and some regular ROMLB balls, so I just have to decide who to send them to.  The postage on these adds up.

- Add five signed magazines to my collection.  This should be easy, as I've focused mainly on magazines from the 1950's in the past, and there are plenty of magazines from the 1960's and 1970's that I can send out.

- Add two signed bobbleheads to my collection.  This one will be tough and I'll probably have to rely on mail-in signings to get these done.  I have six bobbleheads I need signed from the 1991 Twins World Series set.  It wold be great to get two of them signed this year.

I'm not going to attend TwinsFest this year, which is where I have made progress on many of my goals in the past, so that will make some of these goals harder to accomplish.

No comments: