Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Jim Kaat - 1964 Western Oil Nicholas Volpe Print

I don't know why I waited so long to send this out to Mr. Kaat, but he signed it nicely in just 11 days for his $25 fee.  He also included a nice handwritten note thanking me and letting me know that the donation would be used to support youth baseball and softball.



This is the seventh print I have signed from the 1964 set.  I also have 12 signed from the 1963 set.  All of the portraits in the 1963 set have black backgrounds, whereas the 1964 set has various colors.  I think I like the 1963 set a bit better, not because of the black backgrounds, but because they have a portrait as well as an action image of the player, whereas the 1964 set has two portraits. 


I had Mr. Kaat sign his 1963 portrait via a mail-in signing a few years ago.

I also have a 1970 John Wheeldon print that was a Super Valu giveaway signed by Mr. Kaat.  This was signed at an in-person signing in 2010.


1 comment:

The Angels In Order said...

Wow, really sweet prints. The autograph is a nice finishing touch.