Thursday, January 14, 2016

Bob Ross and Ed Halicki TTM Returns

I was a little surprised I only received two returns today.  I sent out eight requests 10 days ago and 10 days seems to be the most common turnaround time.  Only one of today's returns was from that batch.  The other was sent out on December 28th.

I'm not complaining, of course.  Maybe tomorrow and Saturday will bring more returns.

I always love getting back a really old card.  Bob Ross signed his 1952 Topps and wrote me a nice note answering a question in my letter.


Ed Halicki signed his 1978 Topps for my set.


When sending out this request, I noticed on sportscollectors.net that he only signs one card, even if you send more.  This is great information to have, so I could focus on the 1978 set I'm working on and not get back a different card that I might otherwise have decided to include along with my request.  If you don't have a subscription to that site, what are you waiting for?  It's only $15 a year and easily pays for itself by avoiding sending out requests that are unlikely to be returned.

No comments: