Wednesday, March 04, 2015

A Pair of Signed Chuck Knoblauch Baseballs

Last week I received an email ad from Steiner Sports selling two signed baseballs for $99.  I get ads like that occasionally, but usually don't find two baseballs from the list of those available that I don't already have or that I want to add to my collection.

This time though, I was surprised to see a couple of balls signed by Chuck Knoblauch.  One has his Rookie of the Year award inscription and the other has a 91 Champs inscription.  I was surprised that Steiner had these inscriptions since they are usually pretty Yankees-focused and these were inscriptions from his time with the Twins.  I bought one of each.




Knoblauch has been in the news occasionally, and not for good reasons.  He seems to have distanced himself from the game so appearances are rare.  He was elected to the Twins Hall of Fame, but he got into some trouble and they ended up canceling the induction ceremony.

I still have his bobblehead from the 19912 World Series set that I'd like to get signed, but I don't know when I'll have that opportunity.

No comments: