Saturday, October 12, 2013

Bunning, Carroll and Neshek

I received some great returns today.  I took a chance by sending to some current players pretty late in the season but it paid off.

Remember when I asked anyone if they had a 2007 Topps Heritage Pat Neshek card to sell me?  Well, I got one from a member on SCN and after sending it to the Oakland A's address, I received it back today.  While updating my web site, I realized I had made an error back in 2007 when I updated it with a return from Pat.  I actually sent and received a 2007 Heritage way back then, but when I updated my web site, I listed it as a 2007 Topps, and also referenced an image of a 2007 Topps I had signed by him.  All along, I had this card signed and forgot about it!


Oh well, now I have two.  I wasn't sure how long it might take to get this back, since Neshek was sent down to the minors in August, and was back up in September, but he's not currently on their roster.  So I wasn't really sure exactly where he was.

I also sent a couple of cards off to Jamey Carroll at the KC Royals address.  He's a great signer through the mail but it's late in the season so I didn't know if I'd see these come back.  He was kind enough to sign them and return them to me.  Carroll was one of my favorite players and I'm sad to see him go.

He signed a 2013 and 2014 Topps Heritage for me.


Finally, Jim Bunning signed  his 2013 Allen & Ginter for me.  How many Hall of Famers will sign a card for free these days?  Let's see:  Jim Bunning...Bobby Doerr...  I think that's it.  Thanks Mr. Bunning!


No comments: