Saturday, December 01, 2012

Vintage Twins Autographs Won At Auction

Today my son and I headed over to the Twin Cities Sports Collectors Club show in Bloomington.  Every few months they have an auction and I've made some nice purchases there in the past.

Today was another auction and I didn't see much on the tables prior to the start except for a few pages of older Twins autographs.  We stayed about 50 minutes into the auction until this item came up for bid, and I was lucky enough to win it.

There were a total of 14 signed cards and 4 signed photos/postcards.

The card that really caught my attention was a 1961 Topps signed by Zoilo Versalles.  Mr. Versalles passed away in 1995.  There is also a 1961 Topps signed by Harmon Killebrew, a 1964 Topps signed by Earl Battey, and a small picture signed by Bob Allison.  Many of the other players are also deceased including Paul Giel, Don Mincher, Jim Lemon and Lamar "Jake" Jacobs.

 

 
 
 
 





 I also bought a handful of cards to send out including a 1952 Topps, and a few 1956 Topps.

No comments: