Saturday, October 06, 2012

Another Al Rainovic Drawing - Aaron and Mathews

A couple weeks ago I posted about a Charlie Dressen  drawing by Al Rainovic that I bought on Ebay.  That Ebay seller also had another one for sale, but I passed on it because the starting price was too high, although I thought someone else wold probably buy it.

Nobody bought it, and the seller relisted it at a lower price, so I bought it.  This one features Hank Aaron and Eddie Mathews. The drawing itself is about 11.25 inches tall and 10 inches wide.


The text in the upper right corner is hard to read, but says, "Lo, the poor National League pitchers facing these two guys these days!"


I'm trying to figure out approximately what date this may have appeared and find the this one printed in the Milwaukee Journal archives on Google.

No comments: