Friday, November 27, 2009

Rod Carew and Eddie Robinson

An SCN contact was kind enough to take a bat to the Chicago Sun-Times show last week to be signed by Rod Carew. Carew doesn't sign bats at TwinsFest so this was my cheapest option to get one (although it wasn't very cheap).

I also received a 1954 Topps signed by Eddie Robinson. I had enclosed $5 cash with my request.

Today I took my sons and one of their friends to a card show in Bloomington at the Valley West Mall. There were a lot of dealers and some pretty cool stuff for sale. My youngest son bought a Favre McFarlane figure. The new one of him in a Vikings uniform. They were selling fast and were gone shortly after he got his. He also bought a purple winter hat with Favre's number 4 on it.

My older son bought a Paul Molitor portait that he intends to get signed at TwinsFest. I picked up a few cards, includinga Rollie Sheldon 1965 Topps, Jackie Hernandez 1968 Topps (for an upcoming signing at gateX) , a couple of Jim Lonborg 1968 Topps and a 1965 Topps Ron Santo.

After the show we drove to the Twins Pro Shop in Roseville. My older son was going to buy the other game-used Denard Span cap (my younger son bought one a while ago, and there were two at the store). Unfortunately, they raised the price from $30 to $50, which was more than he wanted to spend. The Pro Shops seem to be getting so expensive that we find ourselves buying less and less there.

No comments: